The X-Creator’s contest is back for a special edition.
Get your creative hats on everybody because today is the start of the new X8-Creator competition!
This time, you’ll be able to build whatever you want ( I haven’t done a theme-free X-Creator contest since 2020!), and for the first time, exterior creations will be allowed during this contest.
So feel free to imagine a gorgeous scenery using only 15 deco items!
You will have a few weeks to brainstorm ideas and submit your contest-worthy creation!
Do you have what it takes to win the title of the “X8-Creator”?!
This is a theme-free edition, but you still have to follow these rules:
- Number of items: you are allowed to use up to 15 separate decoration items, not counting Surfaces (walls/floors & colours) and not counting any Decorative Wall/Floor/Stairs!
- You can create it inside your house, or in your yard
- Theme: create whatever you want! This is a theme free edition.
The goal is simple and can be summed up in one sentence: Create your own decoration using no more than 15 individual LOTRO decoration items!
Now, and through November 1st (11:59 pm eastern time) :
Take part and send me your screenshots of the created decoration set. Link to the participation form can be found at the bottom of this post.
I will publish the most beautiful creations (max 15, min 10), chosen in good conscience.
From 11/3 through 11/12 (11:59pm eastern time)
You will have the chance to rate them and tell us your favourite(s).
A few days after…
The results of your votes, along with those of the jury gathered for the occasion, will be announced with the name of the person who earns the title of “X8-Creator.”
How to participate/rules concerning screenshots
The participation form (below) will allow you to send me 5 screenshots (4 is the minimum required) of your creation.
- Screenshot 1: A front view of your creation
- Screenshots 2 and 3: views from both sides
- Screenshot 4: A view from behind (or above, if impossible)
You are allowed to add a 5th screenshot for the pleasure of the eyes, for a better angle, or to put your character on stage at the center of your masterpiece.
Note: you can send me up to 2 participations if you have two creations to show. Only one will be selected and I’d thank you for kindly submitting both participations on the same form :).
- Your creation must be able to fit on one (and only 1!) room. I understand that I cannot have my old rule “your creation must be able to fit on one screenshot” but please, I only want to see creations in small rooms or part of larger rooms here.
- If you are creating something in your yards, it mus be able to fit on one (and only 1!) screenshot.
- The place chosen for your creation must be previously emptied of any other decoration! I must insist…
- If it is not possible to follow the rules of the first 4 screenshots (no way to take a picture on the right, left, etc.), I’d appreciate if you could try and send me 4 different angles instead. Tell yourself that I must be able to recreate your decoration just by seeing your screenshots.
- Please, submit screenshots in fullscreen and hiding the UI (“F12” key). Feel free to comment if you have any questions or concerns about this.
Rewards will be announced with the X-Creator Finalists Selection. But as always, I’ll have LotRO points and a few other things for you.
Rules on voting and composition of the jury will be unveiled on 11/3, the day of my final selection.
Other ideas can be found here.
What should I create?
That is completely up to you.
It is now up to you to see where your imagination takes you with this contest. Good luck and may the best creator win!
So let’s go, imagine, and create! If you have any questions, please use the comment form below!
⇒ SELECTION ⇐
D&Co du Milieu