Welcome to the Cape of Belfalas Homestead!
This is surely one of the most beautiful places in Middle Earth. On the Cape of Belfalas you will find grand houses which offer more space and decoration hooks than those of the original homesteads. This area reveals the great wealth of the people of Gondor.
Enjoy the benefits of life by the sea with a beach, two private islands, a lighthouse, and a port.
The Town Square:
The lighthouse at Narvindon is the most central meeting place in this vast region. In and around this monument you will find all you need to complete your daily tasks: a vault-keeper, auctioneer, forge and relic masters, supplier, healer, home furnisher, task boards and collection boxes and various quest givers. In addition, there is a housing broker here which make visiting other neighborhoods quite convenient!
There are also two other town squares offering similar services on the cape and various idyllic meeting places which should be especially enjoyable for use by musicians and their patrons!
Access to the Cape
There are many ways to get to the Cape of Belfalas.
- The trip from Western or Central Gondor is quite long but the landscape is definitely worth seeing.
- Minas Tirith and Dol Amroth both provide swift travel to the cape.
- A Belfalas housing Broker stands next to the Boar Fountain in Bree. If you ask politely he will allow you to visit any house in any neighborhood which does not yet have an owner.
- You’ll find the Housing Broker’s Office in Bree (across the street from the Bree-town Hall), allowing you to visit or purchase houses in any of the Housing areas throughout Middle Earth
At the exits of the cape a swift travel horse can return you to Minas Tirith or Dol Amroth.
U25.1 – A new Stablemaster has been placed in the social center of Housing neighborhoods that offers travel between a number of major travel destinations across Middle-earth and between housing homesteads.
What is Premium Housing?
There are some important differences between the premium housing on the cape and the original four neighborhoods.
→ For a comparison between premium and classic housing : use this page.
To begin, purchasing a Belfalas/Premium house is done through the LOTRO store using LOTRO points. You can buy your house with either Mithril Coins or Premium Housing Writs.
Why would I spend real money on a house? What are the advantages?
There are a number of benefits that come with owning a premium house in Belfalas:
- You can own as many premium houses (Rohan/Belfalas/Erebor) as you want on as many or few characters as you want, in addition to your original house in one of the other four neighborhoods
- Your kinship could own its own private island (Belfalas only)
- The smallest house in Gondor has more decoration hooks than any house in Eriador
- Only a one minute cooldown on the house port
- Each premium houses have a Music hook in their yard, and multiple Music hooks inside the house (compared to a single one on classic houses)
- You can customize the dayfile of your yard using the Ambient Environment hook (changing the weather, adding clouds, etc)
- No monthly maintenance fee for VIP players
- NOTE: the Kinship Houses on the islands have more yard hooks than those on the Cape itself
Since U19.2 (& U30):
In case you transfer a character or account to another server, the house is fully refunded. You will get special Writs that you can redeem for a new premium house.
In case of abandonment or seizure of the house, you will be reimbursed for up to 90% of the starting price through the Writs.
Each neighborhood contains:
- 6 Stately houses (Standard Houses)
- 14 Luxurious houses (Deluxe Houses)
- 4 Kinship Houses
The interactive map below is only available on desktop version of the website, it does not work when accessing the site from a mobile device.
Interior Hooks: 134
2 Ambient Music
Exterior Hooks: 20
Interior Hooks: 163
2 Ambient Music
Exterior Hooks: 26
Interior Hooks: 206
3 Ambient Music
On the islands – Exterior Hooks: 59
On the coast – Exterior Hooks: 32
~ Click to enlarge ~
- An introduction to LotRO Housing
- The Bazaar of Ideas
- Premium VS Classic Housing comparison
- More on Lotro-Wiki.com
Updated – 9/17/2023